Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

I love pumpkin _____, just fill in the blank. I love it all pies, cookies, cakes, you name it. Pumpkins to me are the first sign that the holidays are just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

For me, I 'll be baking to my hearts content until the New Year. My friends on the other hand probably dread this time of year. You see they are my guinea pigs for all the baking I do. But they take it stride; they wear their "stretchy pants" and have another cookie or cupcake.

If I had the money I would give them all gym memberships as "thank you gifts" for eating all the baked goods. Until then if you see a group of people jogging/walking around the Rose Bowl, that's us burning off all the holiday goodies soon to come.







Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
adapted from Martha Stewart
makes 20-22
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup of canola oil
3 extra large eggs


  1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line two muffin pans with liners, set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl sift the flour, baking powder & soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spices and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil until smooth.
  3. With the mixer on low slowly add the flour until incorporated. Careful not to over beat.
  4. Fill the liners 1/3 full (I yielded 21 cupcakes) and bake 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  5. Cool cupcakes and decorate. I frosted mine with fresh whipped cream and made marzipan pumpkins.

19 comments:

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Adorable cupcake! I'm not a huge pumpkin fan, believe it or not! That may change this year though!

Gigi said...

Jeena, thanks for visiting. Your blog is awesome. Loved all the recipes!

Andi said...

Hi! I found your blog through Sandi at the Whistlestop and I'm so glad I dropped by.

I love all your wonderful recipes!!! Thanks for sharing.

Gigi said...

Andi, Thanks for stopping by with such a lovely comment! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the pumpkins on top and am in awe that you made them yourself! I just made 4 loaves of pumpkin bread. I'm a fan, too.

Gigi said...

Lynn: I just made pumpkin bread also! I had so much pumpkin left that I didn't want to see it go to waste. I made 2 loaves and 2 bundt cakes and froze them :)

Katie said...

They look amazing. I'm so impressed that you made those marzipan pumpkins yourself.

marias23 said...

Yummm, this is the season for pumpkin after all. Your cupcakes look divine, I just might be inspired to make some myself. Thanks for the recipe!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Pumpkin reminds me of the fall festival. It's almost October 1st? That reminds me...

Rachel said...

Pretty!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I love cooking with pumpkin! I'm excited to see more pumpkin recipes here <3

Unknown said...

Holy crap those are adorable. Bravo darlin'!

DancingFish said...

I am obsessed with all things pumpkin (at least baked goods and beer). This looks like a great recipie and mine are baking right now! Can't wait to try them!

Mari said...

Wowsa, your marzipan pumpkins are spectacular!

Sophie said...

these are so cute! too bad i can't taste your site, all your desserts look so good to my huge sweet tooth!

Brilynn said...

Those are very cute! Definitely worth an extra lap or two!

Heather said...

Hello! I made these cupcakes and they turned out really great! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us, it is a keeper!

Gigi said...

Heather, I'm so glad you liked the cupcakes.

Dwiana P said...

Hello there, would like to drop the line that I do like your pumpkin pie cupcakes. It is cute! nice recipe you have here. Also I will add you on my blog ok.