Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Chocolate Chip Mint

It's been a long time time since I posted a cupcake. The last couple of weeks have been very busy. School started and I have tons of reading to do. Which is hard when your textbooks are trapped in a warehouse somewhere in Vermont. Hopefully, they'll be shipped soon.

Then I became obsessed with blueberry muffins! I had wanted to share the muffins with my fellow classmates. You see, we arrive at school an hour or so before class. No, we're not that nerdy. The parking at school is a nightmare. If you don't get there at the crack of dawn, you'll never find a spot. We usually grab a table in the cafeteria and drink our weight in coffee. I thought a muffin would be a nice addition to our routine. But it took a couple of tries before I was successful with the muffins.

Now that the stress of the muffin failure is over, I can concentrate on cupcakes! This week I decided to make chocolate chip mint cupcakes. These are one of my favorite cupcakes. I've made the cupcakes from different chocolate cake recipes and they have always turned out great. Just use your favorite chocolate cake recipe, then fold in chocolate chips, and bake according to the instructions.

The peppermint icing is also very easy to make. The ingredients are: 160z of sifted powdered sugar, 2/3 cup of softened butter, pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of peppermint oil, and a 1/4 cup of milk. Cream the butter until fluffy. Add the salt and oil. Add half the sugar & then half the milk. Repeat with the remaining sugar & milk and then beat until light and fluffy. (I dyed my icing green solely for looks.) Have a great week!

7 comments:

Katie said...

They look wonderful. I love the contrast between the dark chocolate and the bright green. Chocolate and mint is a great combination.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I always think of yummy cupcakes when I see you name.
This is why!

Anonymous said...

Great cupcakes. I love chocolate and mint together!

Anonymous said...

These look wonderful! I love the green coloured frosting :)

Thistlemoon said...

That is such a cute cupcake! I really like cupcakes quite a lot. :)

Hope you get your books soon. VT can be a little slow sometimes, but some of the nicest people!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

perfect frosting-to-cake ratio! they look yummy!!

Anonymous said...

I came here from Anna at Vox. Holy smokes! That cupcake looks delicious.

You are bookmarked!