Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Buttermilk Pound Cake

The other night I met a young man who was fascinated with super heroes and their “powers“. He asked me what super power I wish I had. My mind quickly went to Super Man and Batman. And just as quickly I answered, “…none”. That was an honest answer at that moment. Superman’s powers did not interest me and Batman’s powers were money and cool gadgets.

Later that night while driving home I found myself still amused by the ideas and interests that occupy a 19-year-old boy’s mind when I remembered the super hero question from earlier. I guess if I could have a superpower, it would be the ability to go back in time.

Oh the heartache, stress, and tears I could have saved myself. For example, I should have told someone …I love you instead of …I hate you. I should have gone to meet K.S. because an amazing job was right around the corner and everything was going to turn out okay. I should have been a better friend to I.C., C. T., and E.P. instead, I was so preoccupied with my own pain that I was unable to see his or her own suffering.

Fortunately, I am surrounded by amazing friends who have astonishing hearts. The bumps in our friendship are now gone and we are back on track to our normal friendships. As for the …I love you, I think, we said too many harsh, mean, and spiteful words between us that we have gone past the point of repair. My heart will always remember your kind words and not the angry ones. For instance, I will always cherish the simple phrase you try live your life by …keep it simple, honest, and love unconditionally. Your words are a wonderful way to live by.

Thank you readers, friends, and family who continuously support, encourage, and love me unconditionally. I appreciate all that YOU do for me throughout the year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,
Gigi

Print:Buttermilk Pound Cake

11 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Here's to amazing friends and a delicious pound cake ;)

Happy holidays!!!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Same to you.... and thanks for sharing all of those recipes...

Anonymous said...

I just made a sour cream pound cake, it was divine...cant wait to try this one...much holiday joy to you my fellow baking friend;)

Katie said...

Lovely words and good to hear you are starting the new year off on a happier note.
Yummy looking pound cake. Have a great Christmas

Anonymous said...

If you went back in time to change what has happened- you would be a different person.

Everything happens for a reason and each experience has something that can be learned. Hopefully, this enlightenment can lead you to bigger and better lessons, both good and bad, thus giving you a rich and deep soul.

Do we all have things we wish we could change? Of course, but if we spend to much time dwelling on the past- we will miss the opportunity to live a better tomorrow.

I love reading your recipes and hope that you continue to focus on new beginnings and living in the moment.

Deeba PAB said...

What a gorgeous & light buttermilk pound cake...I'd love to try this soon!
Happy holidays Gigi...

Unknown said...

love your site..I hope you don't mind but I copy pasted all your wonderful sites of cooking and recipes.

I will be adding yours of course to mine..wonderful site.

marriage service said...

amazing,i love it

ALİ EKBER ÇELİK said...

They look delicious

Flávio said...

cooolll

christine said...

I see that you’re interested and fascinated in food stuffs. This is a good blog! You see, we have this food site Foodista.com (http://www.foodista.com) that is a food and cooking encyclopedia that everyone and anyone can edit. Maybe you are interested in sharing some of recipes to us or share your knowledge about food stuffs and techniques, Or maybe you just like to write reviews about food, wines, restaurant and recipes...why don't you visit us sometimes, if it's food you're interested in, then we are interested in you. Don't hesitate to check us out. And by the way, If you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the Foodista Widget
to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

I hope to see you there.

Cheers!