Friday, November 13, 2009

Basic Pumpkin Bread

Do you believe in the magic of the holidays? I have always enjoyed Christmas probably more than I should, but this holiday season seems a little extra special for me. I don't know why?

Everything feels simpler. Less dramatic, complicated, and time consuming. Slowly things are starting to fall into place one by one.

And speaking of simple, this cake could not be any less dramatic, effortless, or elaborate. I found the recipe in Gelson's weekly flyer. The recipe is so easy to put together that you'll cry ...tears of happiness that is.

It has a delightfully bold pumpkin taste. I think walnuts, dark chocolate chunks, cranberries, or even a nice white chocolate glaze would make this lovely cake extra special.

The recipe doesn't call for any add-ins but I think the batter would hold up well to one or two additions of your choice. This is a wonderful base for any pumpkin bread lovers!


Print recipe: Basic Pumpkin Bread

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... looks tasty this;) like with us the honey bread

Greetings Marion

Vedika said...

Looks very nice indeed :)
Wish you'd post more!

Katie said...

Sounds wonderful. I love the golden colour.

Snooky doodle said...

this looks so yummy :)

Anonymous said...

ok seriously, every time I think you cant post another great recipe, u do! awesome...thanx;)

Karen said...

Sometimes these "basic" recipes are the best because of all the creativity they allow. Thanks for posting! I'll give this one a try. Beautiful picture btw!

Unknown said...

um...yum!

Unknown said...

This looks like it will be a hit on the holiday table! Thanks for posting.

HD said...

I made this...but as muffins. I piped a cream cheese filling into the middle and they were a hit.

I just love--excuse me as I wipe the drool from my chin--your recipes you post.

Thanks!

fiziskandarz said...

nyummm nyumm nyummm

Karine said...

Your bread sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

matrimonial agency said...

hhhmmmmmm look tasty.very nice

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting a pumpkin bread recipe to try for awhile now. And this bread looks so moist and delicious I can't wait to make a plate of it soon! Thank you so much for the post!