Monday, May 3, 2010

Pineapple Jerky

About two weeks ago, I received an e-mail from “Jerky.com”. They were inquiring if I would like to try a sample of gourmet Pineapple Jerky. I of course, immediately said yes. You see, I love-love-love dried fruit!

After reading about “Jerky” and going on their website to view the products I became quite excited for my pineapple to arrive.

On Friday afternoon, my Pineapple Jerky arrived! This was the perfect day because that night I was going to meet up with friends and watch movies. This meant I would have seven taste testers to try the jerky on. I packed the jerky with note cards and a pen so I could take notes.

Now the first thing you notice is that the jerky looks like a REAL slice of pineapple. As I opened the bag, the perfume of FRESH pineapple scent appeared. It smelled amazing!

I cut the rings in half and placed them on plate. Everyone went around and grabbed a piece. Except for “C” who said “…no, no I don’t like pineapple.” We encouraged him to try it anyway. Wouldn’t you know it? He was the first person to go back for seconds! One of the tasters “K” was born and raised in Hawaii. When I asked him what he thought, he answered “…the sweetness and tartness of the pineapple shines through.”

The Pineapple Jerky comes from Maui and contains only TWO ingredients: fresh pineapple and honey. After trying it only once I am hooked and looking forward to ordering more. I bet it would make a fantastic addition to homemade granola or muffin batter!

The company Jerky.com specializes in Beef Jerky and has wide selections of US made beef jerky flavors.

In addition, Jerky.com is going to give a couple of you free samples of the pineapple jerky! All you have to do is leave a comment and the winners will be selected randomly.

The Winners will be announced on March 6th. Good Luck!

46 comments:

Katie said...

It sounds yummy. I have tried small pieces of dried pineapple before but never seen whole slices of it. Sounds wonderfully fresh and fruity.

Maggie said...

Same as Katie - I have seen small pieces of pineapple before, but whole slices are something that is new to me.

Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful! Usually, dried pineapple is too sweet for my liking, but this looks and sounds delightful!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like the dehydrated pineapple i was picturing in my head...the stuff that comes in trail mix. This stuff looks great!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So unique!!

Carrie's Creations said...

This looks good - I'd love to try it!

Margaret said...

Oh, wow! These look fantastic!

Jingle said...

That looks REALLY yummy!!!

Elyse said...

I completely agree with you: I love dried fruit. And these pineapple rings look delectable! YUM.

Anonymous said...

how creative to call it jerky. Typical dried pineapple is always very sugary, but this looks good.

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty clever name for dried pineapple. Oh man I love pineapple!

Anonymous said...

My son loves dried pineapples. I know he will definitely love this.

Anonymous said...

Sweet... I suppose it's made with local pineapple, which is probably delicious! I love the fact that it's sweetened with honey. Wish I could have a piece right now... thanks for sharing this with us :)

Anonymous said...

Mmm pineapple! Fresh or dried = YUMMO!!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Pineapple jerky sounds awesome!

Snooky doodle said...

how nice! I ve never heard of these but they look and sound delicious :)

Unknown said...

I've had crystallized pineapple before, and that's one of my favorite candied fruits, so I can only imaging that pineapple jerky would be tasty as well. =)

Jean Bugs said...

This looks absolutely delicious! While I find the usual dried pineapple good, it doesn't quite taste like the real fresh thing. But this sure looks like it does!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I totally am going to check this out. My husband is in the Marines and is deployed right now, and one of the things he always asks me to send him is dried fruit. His diet is terrible over there — MREs, lots of canned tuna, and a lot of junk — so anything like dried fruit and nuts is a real treat for him. Fruit jerky will be right up his alley.

PS: I've moved: www.alexandracooks.com

yamiblue990 said...

could i be considered for the pineapple jerky please? i'm always on the go with classes at different campuses and this looks as though it would be much healthier then the crap sold at my college that they call "food". if this gets chosen, then please email me and i'll get back to you with an address. thank you for giving others a chance to try some because it looks absolutely delicious.

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Ooohhh pineapple jerky! I'm crossing my fingers! :D

Stephanie said...

It looks great. The packaging makes it look like it's more savory than sweet though. Either way.. I'd love a sample.

Kali Edwards said...

It could serve as a very interesting bottom to a cupcake. A nice little surprise!

Bunny said...

It looks great, and your right the baking possibilities are endless!

Anonymous said...

sounds great. I have tried some kind of dried pineapple and not really a big fan of it.

Cyndi said...

I would love to try the jerky! It would be great after I finish a long run.....or I could use it as a garnish for desserts!

Maria said...

Sounds delightful!! Thanks for sharing!

SmilynStef said...

That pineapple looks delicious ... thanks for the chance to get some of our very own.

Talita said...

Gigi, I'll link your blog to back everytime I want. I hope you don't mind.

Lorena said...

This sounds awesome! My brother loves anything with pineapple in it, so I'll be looking forward to buying these!

Kim J. said...

that sounds amazing! i love eating pineapple, but it always hurts my mouth so this will probably help!

Janna said...

Yum, looks delicious!!

Irmina Díaz-Frois Martín said...

I like very much your blog, is beautiful. Kiss

♥Rosie♥ said...

Pineapple jerky looks delish Gigi.

Rosie x

Miss B said...

I love the sound of fruit jerky. I hope they come out with new fruits!

Anonymous said...

They look so good, I can almost smell them through the screen!

glamah16 said...

I also recieved a sample and its great. I have yet to write my review but it makes a great healthy snack.

Brilynn said...

I just had roasted pineapple and banana ice cream for dessert tonight, it was great!

Jacque said...

LOL, I think it looks like a giant dried mushroom.

Thanks for letting us know. It sounds delish.

♥Rosie♥ said...

Hi Gigi,please pass by my blog and collect some awards ;o)

Rosie x

Jocelyn said...

sounds yummy! I just recently discovered how yummy pineapple really is {I wasn't a big fan when I was little} I hope I win!!!!

Mimí said...

Jerky?? sounds funny to me jejeje..
Hope the can send to mexico...

good nightt..=D

Rachel said...

I'm super intrigued, dried pineapple so far has let me down, but I keep on trying!

Anita Lynch - Professional Doctorate said...

I love freeze dried fruit but I hate pineapples. Who knows maybe if I try this then I will be like your friend who went back for seconds. Thanks for posting about the product.


My homepage | Online PhD UK Programs

Popular Doctor said...

Al Ameen Pharmacy
Bangladesh Doctor Information
iftekhar Chowdhury

buyseoservice24 said...

Best Medicine Doctor in Dhaka